The Chartered Institute for the Management of Assessment Practice (CIMAP) is a Professional Body and registered Non Profit Organisation. CIMAP is focused on creating a voice for stakeholders in education,
training, and development in South Africa. CIMAP is dedicated
to supporting the needs of practitioners involved in assessment, moderation,
facilitation, and ETD Practice.
In order to maintain standards of best practice we
believe that CIMAP is the ideal platform for the professionalization of
Assessors, Moderators, and ETD Practitioners in South Africa, through the
creation of a professional recognition pathway, management of a code of
professional conduct and the management of the continuing professional
development (CPD) programme.
CIMAP seeks to:
- The highest possible standards of ETDP excellence;
- Achieve and sustain self-regulation in the
- Promote equitable contracting regimes;
- Provide the framework for training,
- Recruitment to support and sustain the industry;
- Resolve industry issues; and
- Promote co-operation with local and international regulatory authorities;
- Forge strategic alliances for the interest of our members.
Local Affiliates The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP), The South African Payroll Association (SAPA) and the Association for Skills Development in South Africa (ASDSA).
International Affiliates - CIMAP is proud to announce its affiliation with the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (CIEA) in the UK. Through this affiliation CIMAP will be able to offer its members a range of CPD programmes bearing international recognitionBANKSETA / CIMAP RPL PROJECT 2013- click here